Friday, October 29, 2010

Read All About It

Allow me to engage in some (more) self-promotion: The International Trade and Business Law Review will publish my study of letters-of-credit and the UCP 600 in their next volume (December 2010). Moreover, they will publish my master's thesis regarding the use of electronically stored information (ESI) in international commercial arbitration in their 2011 issue.

Needless to say, I am thrilled and honored, and thank my colleagues and professors for their support. I would especially like to thank Professor Juscelino Colares of the Syracuse University College of Law, who advised me on the UCP 600 paper, and Mr. Lars Perhard of Wersén & Partners, whose Stockholm University lecture inspired my work on ESI. Thanks also to Ms. Gentiana Dedaj of Stockholm University for serving as my thesis opponent.

What does any of that have to do with China? Well, you don't ever want to import something from China without using a letter of credit, and your sales agreement had better include an arbitration clause.

No comments:

Post a Comment